[Samba] Posix vs. Windows File/Directory Permissions

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Fri May 15 10:51:18 MDT 2015

My two cents . . .

When I create a new machine, during the OS installation, I have replaced
a linux "Administrator" user account with "adminlinux" user account
name.

Then when working in ADDC I have no confusion between a linux
"Administrator" and the ADDC "Administrator". This solves the duplicate
confusion of an "Administrator" with two different roles on two
different OS environment applications.

The credit for this goes to Louis Van Belle. His suggestion, some months
back, during an issue I was having with this very subject.

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-05-15 10:41, Mike wrote:

> On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> Moral of the story: You've compared apples to oranges and claimed that bananas are better. When you've created a linux user called "Administrator" is had nothing to do with AD user "Administrator". When you changed POSIX access bits on a file it had very little to do with ACL.
>
> Admitted.
>
> Per my last post, though, the difference is setting in.
> Thank you,
> Mike

Links:
------