[Samba] Sysvol not accessible?

Matthias Klöpper mattik at ba-com.net
Wed May 13 13:00:38 MDT 2015

Hi Ryan,
today we stumbled across exactly the problem you have described with our Samba server.
I just wanted to let ou know of a solution that did the trick for us.

In the samba config add "host msdfs = no" in the "global" section. After a restart oft he samba daemon everything works fine and we can access "\\<domainname>\sysvol\" etc.

Based on a quick web search the default value für "host msdfs" for "active directory domain controller"s has changed sometime ago.

Hope this works for you, too.

Kind regards,
Matthias Kloepper