[Samba] Replicating "samba-tool user create"-behaviour via ldap

Johannes Amorosa | Celluloid VFX johannesa at celluloid-vfx.com
Fri May 8 10:43:04 MDT 2015

Hi, right now we're wrapping "samba-tool user add somthing "  in a
script to add a user in our samba 4.1 AD
environment. We're doing all kinds of (read-only) queries which works
fine for us.

We need more control so I want to get rid of this limitation and do our
user management directly via ldap. I'm unsure
which entries I need to set via ldap, so we don't break our database.
Can someone point me to a documentation
which settings need to be set via ldap - basically copying the
samba-tool behaviour adding an (unprivileged ) user.
Is this even possible via ldap?

Thank you for your time
JA

Linux cell-dc-04 3.8.0-44-generic #66~precise1-Ubuntu SM
sernet-samba-ad 4.1.17

--
Johannes Amorosa | Celluloid VFX