[Samba] Smba 4, looking for a command to show the password expiration date

Steve Thompson smt at vgersoft.com
Wed May 6 07:23:49 MDT 2015

On Wed, 6 May 2015, Mario Pio Russo wrote:

> I am developing a tool in perl to run on my sabma4-DC. This tool must check
> the password exp date and send a reminder when quite close. Now in order to
> do that, I need a command to extract the expiration date from samba 4.

Extract the value of the password lifetime into the LIFETIME variable:

 	LIFETIME=`samba-tool domain passwordsettings show | \
 		grep "^Maximum password age (days):" | awk '{print $5}'`

and then, for the user in question, extract the value of pwdLastSet into
LASTSET (perhaps from ldbsearch), and then:

 	LASTSET=$((LASTSET/10000000))
 	LASTSET=$((LASTSET-11644473600))
 	EXPIRES=$((LASTSET+3600*24*LIFETIME))
 	EXPIRESSTR=`date -d @$EXPIRES`