[Samba] SAMBA not working as AD member server

John Rykala rykalaja at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:27:20 MDT 2015

I have set the UID and GID for individual users to 10000 as well as Domain
Users.

The resolve.conf does point to my DC.

The nsswitch file does have winbind for passwd shadow and group.

Not sure what nscd or avahi are. I loaded the centos as a basic server with
not much else loaded but samba. Going to use this mainly as fileserver.

I am able to get samba working from another centos load using rid for back
end and it works fine.