[Samba] separate config for dedicate user

Meike Stone meike.stone at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 07:41:01 MDT 2015

> From: Meike Stone <meike.stone at googlemail.com>
> Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:34:28 +0200
>
>> So I thought, I load at the end via include special configurations for
>> the user separately.
>>
>> My question is, how does the smbd configure itself. Does smbd
>> 1) reads the config completely and then it set the parameters in the process or
>> 2) does smbd reads and set each parameter instantly?
>>
>> So can I use the following example?
>
> Please see smb.conf(5)
> <https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/smb.conf.5.html>
>
> "The file is included literally, as though typed in place. "

That statement does say nothing, HOW the smbd reads/process the
smb.conf and configure the internal variables.
- INSTANTLY after reading each config value or
- completely reading the config and set all internal variables AFTER this

> So your example is wrong.

I'm not sure if I'm really wrong!
After several investigation, reading manual, howto and googling
around, I found following statement:

"Sections can be started multiple times, and parameters for one
section accumulate over all
mentions of that section. Parameters may specified multiple times for
one section as well.
The last mention of one parameter overrides earlier occurences."

from Michael Adam.
(https://www.samba.org/~obnox/presentations/linux-kongress-2008/lk2008-obnox.pdf)

But I'm not sure, if it will set after reading the complete
configuration file. All other would make no sense ...

So can someone clarify this?
Till now, I've nothing found about this in the (official) documentation.

Thanks Meike