[Samba] Managing Samba Active directory.

A. James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Tue May 5 05:32:34 MDT 2015

Hi,

I've never been a Windows user, but I'm curious to see how the AD
integration works in Linux, since it looks like we may need to have one
or two Windows desktops and I don't realy want to start setting up
Windows infrastructure.  If I can have Samba as a domain controller that
makes things a lot simpler.

I have one question tho, the documentation suggests using the Microsoft
tools to administer the domain... is there any equivalent on Linux for
doing this?  I'd hate to have to install a Windows machine simply to
administer a Samba domain controller that was set up to avoid having to
install Windows infrastructure.

If Windows is required, what's the minimum installation/setup to
correctly administer a Samba domain, I guess I could run something in
Virtualbox to achieve this.

--
A. James Lewis (james at fsck.co.uk)
"Engineering does not require science. Science helps a lot but people