[Samba] 4.2.1 ./configure --sbindir & --bindir settings is different from binary?

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Tue May 5 01:33:29 MDT 2015

Greetings, Caesar Samsi!

> I'm getting further in building Samba 4.2.1 . It's apparently not as simple
> as sudo ./configure && make && make install.

Never ever use "sudo" for configure.
Engrave it into your skull, if that's how you best memorize the basic rules of
safety.
Only one "sudo" you need is "sudo make install".

> At the moment it looks like make is ignoring some directory settings during
> configuration.

> I've run ./configure as follows:

> sudo ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
> --with-piddir=/var/run/samba --with-pammodulesdir=/lib/security

> --without-systemd --enable-fhs

> --sbindir=/usr/sbin --bindir=/usr/bin --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

> --with-modulesdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/samba

> --with-lockdir=/var/run/samba --enable-gnutls

> Note that --sbindir=/usr/bin

> Which results in the following (the directory looks correct, as I specified
> it):

> Dynconfig[SBINDIR]: : '/usr/sbin'

> However, when make is done building and I check the configuration using smbd
> -b I get the following:

> Paths:

>     SBINDIR: /home/caesar/Downloads/samba-4.2.1/bin

> How can I set the sbin (and the bin directory which also has the same
> issue)?

Is that before "make install" or after?
Does it stay after install, if it is from before?

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...