[Samba] Trouble Connecting Windows 8.1 RSAT to Samba Domain

Andrey Repin anrdaemon at yandex.ru
Mon May 4 22:51:55 MDT 2015

Greetings, Mike!

>> > 2.  GOLD!!  I have been scouring materials trying to figure out whether
>> the
>> > server manager is absolutely necessary to accomplish many of the items
>> > found in the User Documentation on the Samba Wiki.  If I can accomplish
>> all
>> > the same configuration operations via Admin Tools, then all is well.
>>
>> > Thank you so much for you time and help.
>>
>> If you didn't notice, the wiki does not even mention the installation of
>> server manager in first place.

> Andrey, I don't  believe that's correct.

> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Installing_RSAT_on_Windows_for_AD_Management.

> RSAT is the server manager.

RSAT is a set of AD management tools.
"Server Manager" is just one of them. From the link you provided, the (rather
useless for non-English readers) image:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/File:Turn_Windows_features_on_or_off_RSAT.png
The second checkbox from the bottom. It isn't marked.

P.S.
I would appreciate, if you don't top-post.
It makes messages unnecessary hard to read.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...