[Samba] Trouble Connecting Windows 8.1 RSAT to Samba Domain

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Mon May 4 13:54:47 MDT 2015

Hello Mike,

Am 04.05.2015 um 21:15 schrieb Mike:
> 7.  I'm then back at the All Servers page and I click the Refresh option
> under Tasks drop-down menu.  The refresh fails and produces a red flag
> icon.  The error details state:

Right. I can reproduce this.

I don't know how the Server Manager talks to the machines - if it's RPC
or something else. You can file a bug report/feature request in
bugzilla, to track this, if it's not already there. Please add your
steps and a level 10 debug log.

However, you can run all required tools from outside directly and
without the server manager:
- Open control panel
- Go to "administrative tools"
There you find ADUC (e. g. for user/group management), DNS, Sites &
Services, Group Policy Management. This are the most common tools you
require and most thinks work like expected.

Regards,
Marc