[Samba] Samba 4 fileserver perfomance

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun May 3 08:15:37 MDT 2015

Hello,

Am 03.05.2015 um 08:31 schrieb Александр Свиридов:
>  Here my samba conf file:
>
> [global]
>
>     workgroup = MYGROUP
>     server string = Samba Server Version %v
>
>     interfaces = lo eth0 x.x.x.x/x #my ip and mask
>     hosts allow = 127. 10.0.
>
>     log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>
>     max log size = 50
>
>     security = user
>     passdb backend = tdbsam
>
>     load printers = yes
>     cups options = raw
>
> [Share]
>     comment = Data
>     browseable = yes
>     writable = yes
>     path = /somepath
>     public = no
>     guest ok = no
>     create mask = 0660
>     directory mask = 0770
>     force group = Family

I've started exactly this smb.conf here on my Fedora 21 (Samba 4.1.17)
PC. I've only replaced eth0 with my device name and the IP stuff.

When I try to copy > 4 GB ISO files from/to this share to/from my Win81
laptop, I have a constant transfer rate of ~110 MB/Sec:
http://picpaste.com/screenshot-IXV2zgmI.png

Your low transfer rates seem to have a different reason (HDD
performance, filesystem or many other things).

Regards,
Marc