[Samba] Self service User Password Change - Samba4

Mario Pio Russo mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
Tue Mar 31 08:17:31 MDT 2015

Good Day all

I have successfully upgraded samba 3 to samb4 in our test lab, migrating
from old hardware with Ubuntu 10 to a new machine with Ubuntu 14.4 , after
a bit of fight all went ok :) .

I have now a specific request. Basically we would like to give to the
Domain Users the possibility to change their password in a self service
fashion, possibly through accessing a web page .

I know there are some web administrator tools in the linux world that
provides something similar for OpenLdap m(e.g. webmin), however I was
wondering if you reccomand a specific tool-set for samba 4 that allows the
self service user password change.

Thanks all!

Mario Pio Russo, System Admin SWG IT Services Dublin, Phone & FAX: +353 1
815 2236, eMail: mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
IBM Ireland Product Distribution Limited registered in Ireland with number
92815. Registered Office: IBM House, Shelbourne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4