[Samba] SeDiskOperatorPrivilege and 2012 R2 domain

Tom Söderlund tom.k.soderlund at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 01:49:28 MDT 2015

(Re-posting to list also.. Sorry forgot Cc. -Tom)

Marc,

Thanks for your help and clarifications. I was indeed addressing the domain
controller (2012 R2) due to my misunderstanding. Addressing the request at
the file server (Samba 4) to the file server fails too but with different
errors. Rights list succeeds.

$ net rpc rights list accounts -UDOMAIN\\Administrator
Enter DOMAIN\Administrator's password:
BUILTIN\Print Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Account Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Backup Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Server Operators
No privileges assigned

BUILTIN\Administrators
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeBackupPrivilege
SeRestorePrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege
SePrintOperatorPrivilege
SeAddUsersPrivilege
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege
SeSystemtimePrivilege
SeShutdownPrivilege
SeDebugPrivilege
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
SeSystemProfilePrivilege
SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
SeLoadDriverPrivilege
SeCreatePagefilePrivilege
SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege
SeUndockPrivilege
SeManageVolumePrivilege
SeImpersonatePrivilege
SeCreateGlobalPrivilege
SeEnableDelegationPrivilege

Everyone
No privileges assigned

$ net rpc rights grant 'DOMAIN\Domain Admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-UDOMAIN\\Administrator
Enter DOMAIN\Administrator's password:
Failed to grant privileges for DOMAIN\Domain Admins
(NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)

$ net rpc rights grant 'DOMAIN\Unix-admins' SeDiskOperatorPrivilege
-UDOMAIN\\Administrator
Enter DOMAIN\Administrator's password:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

Thanks for any info,