[Samba] Recommended stations on a server and slave domain controller

Sourisack PHANIVONG sphanivong at linagora.com
Mon Mar 23 03:46:16 MDT 2015

Hello,

We are thinking about an alternative solution of Active Directory for a
client so I have a few questions about SAMBA4.

1/ My first question is about a supposed or a recommended limitation of
1000 workstations on one server.
I would like to know if this limitation is truly recommended or if an
increase of 5000 machines is possible for one server.

2/ And finally about the slave domain controller, I would like to know
if the DC_SLAVE role is already enabled and if it's not the case, is
that a planned feature ?

Thanks for your help and your answers.

Regards,

--