[Samba] Samba AD DC and browsing of shares

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Fri Mar 20 13:39:00 MDT 2015

----- Vēstule no Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> ---------
   Datums: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:12:20 +0000
Sūtītājs: Rowland Penny <rowlandpenny at googlemail.com>
   Temats: Re: [Samba] Samba AD DC and browsing of shares
Saņēmējs: samba at lists.samba.org

>> the necessity for external heimdal even for Samba 4 in case of
>> Slackware I found somehwere in solutions and it incidentally
>> co-incided with getting samba AD DC working.
>> Browsing the original Slackware package I can not locate a thing
>> like kinit, for example, while krb5.conf is there
>>
>> OK, but his is not the problem.
>
> You started out asking if you could have network browsing with a
> samba AD DC like there is with samba3, well the answer to this is 'no'
>
> I am not saying you shouldn't have kerberos installed, just the
> opposite in fact, you just cannot run the server part of it.
>
> Try running this:
>
> netstat -tapn | grep ':88' | grep 'samba'
>
> If you do not get a response, you have a big problem.

everything is working fine.

How fast should it be expected for the domain info to spread over the
network? It took a few minutes for the freshly joined samba server to
get the auth info for the shares on it from the DC (I judge it by the
ability to wbinfo -u on the file server to give domain users' info)

Janis