[Samba] Roaming profiles via GPO and matching rights on a folder

Andreas Bockhold andreas.bockhold at base2itc.de
Thu Mar 19 01:54:46 MDT 2015

Hello,

I set up Samba as an AD-controller as described in the documentation, that is with "samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307 --interactive", https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_AD_DC_HOWTO. I used Debian 7.8 as basis and the current packages (last Friday) from Sernet for Samba 4.1.

Now I try to set up roaming profiles as described by Microsoft here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj649079.aspx

Though I set the folder rights according to step 3 in the Microsoft documentation my users cannot create their profiles. When I give them full access for testing purposes it does work. This gives me the idea that there is a problem with setting the described folder rights on the Samba share.

Can you give me a hint, what might need to be additionally done?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Andreas

--
Andreas Bockhold