[Samba] Domain controller in a chroot

Sébastien Le Ray sebastien-samba at orniz.org
Tue Mar 17 04:40:57 MDT 2015

Le 17/03/2015 11:25, Sven Schwedas a écrit :
> On 2015-03-17 11:13, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:
>
>> I'm sucessfully running a fileserver on it, just wanting to avoid issues
>> in case of network link outage.
> So your users, which cannot connect due to network link outage, won't be
> prevented from logging in? Sounds like a splendid idea.

My users will be able to open a session during network outage and access
to files stored locally in the agency. Yes it seems a good idea to have
people being able to work while connection with main site is down.

>> DC overhead shouldn't be that huge since it is only used uppon session
>> opening (we can upgrade memory though)
> Upgrade the memory and put DC and file server into separate VMs. It'll
> save you a lot of headaches.
The server isn't able to support virtualization.
Now my question is about issues caused by running two samba instances on
the same box using a chroot.
If you don't know what these issues are, simply don't answer to the mail