[Samba] RequireSecuritySignature=1 and public share with guest not working

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 16 04:09:47 MDT 2015

On 16/03/15 09:52, Olszewski, Raphael wrote:

> Due to security reasons smb signing has to be activated and this share
> between linux and windows is now dead.
>
> And I do not find the correct settings to do a public share in this
> szenario.
>
> It has to be public, because the linux is’nt allowed to join the
> domain and on the other way, the win-clients cannot leave their domains.
>
> And I think, just signing smb-messages should not speek against a
> public share, since those signed smb messages just make me shure, no
> man in the middle is manipulating my smb-messages.
>
> Gruß Raphael

So you need to make sure that the request to connect comes from a member
of your domain ?

I take it that the members of said domain have an ipaddress, in which
case adding some thing like:

'hosts allow = 192.168.0.0/24'

Would only allow connection from hosts with the ipaddress 192.168.0.X

You could, if you are using a NIS domain, use 'hosts allow = @DOMAIN'

see 'man smb.conf' for more info.

Rowland