[Samba] ssh authentication issue

Sketch smblist at rednsx.org
Fri Mar 13 09:17:14 MDT 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015, Daulton Theodore wrote:

> I am trying to ssh from one samba server (linux OS) to another samba
> server (Solaris OS). The keys and authorized_keys files are set up
> correctly with proper permissions but I keep getting prompted for a
> password. Has anyone had to deal with this before? Any suggestions for
> resolving would be appreciated.

That doesn't really have anything to do with samba, but... check
/etc/ssh/sshd_config and make sure PubKeyAuthentication is enabled.  Also
check your ~/.ssh/config and /etc/ssh/ssh_config and make sure there is
nothing causing key auth to be disabled, or for it to be using a different
key file than you expect.

Beyond that, try using ssh -v and possibly sshd -v and check for error
messages.  Make sure it is using the key file you expect, and there are no
permissions errors (on client or server).