[Samba] Security information collection for a wiki page

Tim lists at kiuni.de
Fri Mar 13 02:30:00 MDT 2015

Hello all,

I think about a wiki page which will be security related. For now we have a page about port usage for each server role (print server is missing):
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_port_usage which is helpful regarding firewall settings.

I thinking of topics like:
1. SELinux configuration
2. Firewall configuration
3. Samba configuration

For the third topic my idea is to have a table which will recommend security related parameter settings depending on what clients are in a network.

To do this I would appreciate your help, collect your infos and keep it structured in the wiki.

What have you done regarding hardening your samba server(s)?

Thank you in advance
Tim