[Samba] Joining a domain

Chris Stankevitz chrisstankevitz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:33:53 MDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Rowland Penny
<rowlandpenny at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I didn't think you were, I just thought you were asking very basic
> questions.

Thank you.  If you know of a source that explains these details,
please please tell me what it is and I will happily read it:

1. samba must be joined to the domain in order to authenticate AD
users.  Never mind your experience accessing a Windows AD share from
your mac/linux/windows computers that are not joined to the domain.

2. When a samba machine is joined to the domain, that information is
written to secrets.tdb and can be queried using "net ads testjoin"

Chris