[Samba] lots of outdated docs

Klaus Hartnegg hartnegg at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 12 07:18:07 MDT 2015

Hi,

The web page https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/ must be from the last
millenium, it offers a "tarball of the daily docs build" of version 3.3

The manpage for vfs_recycle is even worse, it says:
"This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite."

Is there a chance that we can get man pages which describe all options
of samba 4.2?

Specifically I was looking for info about recycle:inherit_nt_acl because
it seems to work only for files, not for directories. This makes
recycled contents of private directories readable by everyone.

This option does exist, but it is not even mentioned in the man page.

Also which permissions must be set for the .recycle directory itself to
make it work? If the recycle directory or some of the subdirectories
have wrong permissions, recycling simply silently fails.

Klaus