[Samba] bug in samba 4.1.17 ? changed CNAME record to other host

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Thu Mar 12 04:09:17 MDT 2015

Hi Louis,

have You noticed my thread "How to get rid of misspelled DNA entry?" a
few days ago? You stumbled across exactly the same issue. samba-tool
doesn't seem to work on DNS entries other than exactly the same domain
(here: domain.tld - and not: internal.domain.tld). I don't know whether
this is a bug or just a simple limitation.

You can manipulate the entries either by using ldbtools or by using
some LDAP tools. Sebastian pointed me at Apache Directory Tool, which
solved my issue easily.

Nevertheless I do agree, that it was better, if samba-tool could access
these entries without some kind of filtering of the data.

Best regards
Peter