[Samba] net ads join fails

Roman Dilken rdilken at gmx.de
Tue Mar 10 15:36:41 MDT 2015

On 10.03.2015 21:43, Rowland Penny wrote:

> I wonder if it is a time problem, does 'date' return the same time
> (allowing for being run on different machines), they need to be very
> close together.
>
> Rowland

Time seems okay, the system is getting it from the first DC, but I found
something interesting in the serverlog:

  Not authoritative for '_kerberos.dilken.eu', forwarding
[2015/03/10 22:31:34.148561,  2]
../source4/dns_server/dns_query.c:629(dns_serve
r_process_query_send)

Seems  that net ads does not correctly set domain name and/or realm. The
DNS-question should be _kerberos.ad.dilken.eu for which the DNS is
authoritative...

Greetings,

Roman