[Samba] setting up W7 profiles

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Tue Mar 10 08:12:10 MDT 2015

Debian, already 'root'.

Isn't the objective to get a 'SAMDOMDomain Admins' group onto the member
server? In the usual way to add any group to a linux box?

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-03-10 06:57, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 10/03/15 11:48, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:
>
>> Okay, so I tried a "Bob thing" and it made no difference. So, no comment on that. However, I am learning. This is 'wbinfo -*' from my DC1: root at tdc01:~# wbinfo -u Administrator Guest krbtgt dns-tdc01 dns-TDC02 root at tdc01:~# wbinfo -g Enterprise Read-Only Domain Controllers Domain Admins Domain Users Domain Guests Domain Computers Domain Controllers Schema Admins Enterprise Admins Group Policy Creator Owners Read-Only Domain Controllers DnsUpdateProxy root at tdc01:~# wbinfo -t checking the trust secret for domain TEST via RPC calls succeeded Here is 'wbinfo -*' from my sernet based member server: root at mbr01:~# wbinfo -u administrator dns-tdc02 dns-tdc01 krbtgt guest root at mbr01:~# wbinfo -g allowed rodc password replication group enterprise read-only domain controllers denied rodc password replication group read-only domain controllers group policy creator owners ras and ias servers domain controllers enterprise admins domain computers cert publishers dnsupdateproxy domain adm
 ins
domain guests schema admins domain users dnsadmins root at mbr01:~# wbinfo -t checking the trust secret for domain TEST via RPC calls failed error code was NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME (0xc00000cc) failed to call wbcCheckTrustCredentials: WBC_ERR_AUTH_ERROR Could not check secret And here is the 'wbinfo -*' from my Debian backport member server (now apparently upgraded to Samba 4.1.17) root at RPmbr01:~# wbinfo -u administrator dns-tdc02 dns-tdc01 krbtgt guest root at RPmbr01:~# wbinfo -g allowed rodc password replication group enterprise read-only domain controllers denied rodc password replication group read-only domain controllers group policy creator owners ras and ias servers domain controllers enterprise admins domain computers cert publishers dnsupdateproxy domain admins domain guests schema admins domain users dnsadmins root at RPmbr01:~# wbinfo -t checking the trust secret for domain TEST via RPC calls failed error code was NT_STATUS_DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NOT_FOUND (0xc0000233) failed
  to call
wbcCheckTrustCredentials: WBC_ERR_AUTH_ERROR Could not check secret Which raises the question, what is going on with the 'wbinfo -t' on both member servers?

> Nothing, try using sudo
>
> Rowland

Links:
------