[Samba] Delegate Samba4 user authentication to an external LDAP server

Mario Pio Russo mariopiorusso at ie.ibm.com
Tue Mar 10 04:46:47 MDT 2015

thanks for your answer, I cannot do the reverse authentication
unfortunately. Everything has to work as I have described. Furthermore I
cannot change my external trust authority for authentication. From this
thread it looks like the only option is to use local password for the
Samba4 domain users, which add some complexity when managing IDs (and above
all passwords), as a single user might have different ids/password in the
Samba4 domain and the LDAP one.

I've read few other threads about using OplenLdap as backend of Samba4 AD
DC, seemingly there was a project to integrate OpenLdap within Samba4 AD
DC, do you know if there is any progress in that direction?

thanks