[Samba] Solved - was: Re: How to get rid of misspelled DNA entry?

Peter Serbe peter at serbe.ch
Sun Mar 8 16:55:25 MDT 2015

Rowland Penny schrieb am 08.03.2015 23:35:

>> I tried
>> ldbedit -e vim -H /usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb --cross-ncs -b
>> "DC=91,DC=41.168.192.in-addr.arpa,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=home,DC=serbe,DC=ch"
>>
>> and it looked like this, i.e. the binary data are a bit cumbersome.
>>

> Ah yes, sorry, try:
>
> ldbedit -e nano -H /var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb --show-binary
> --cross-ncs -b
> "DC=1.168.192.in-addr.arpa,CN=MicrosoftDNS,DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=samdom,DC=com"
> "(DC=21)"

OK, this is a second solution to the issue.
In this special case I found the graphical approach however more appealing
then working on the command line, as navigating to the correct ldb entry
IMHO is much easier. But anyway, once You know what to look for, it becomes
easy...

Thank You all.

As typos happen the information might really apply for being written in
the wiki. I used an uncomfortable keyboard down in the basement...

Best regards
Peter