[Samba] upgrading samba 4.1.4 to the latest samba 4 release

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Sun Mar 8 06:08:34 MDT 2015

Hello Linda,

Am 08.03.2015 um 00:59 schrieb Linda W:
>> please don't hijack other peoples threads. Start your own.
> ----
> Um, didn't he start this thread (i.e. he's the "other
> person") and want to know how to upgrade so he could
> test the newer version, or am I missing something, "way
> obvious", and really embarrassing myself? ;-)

You're right. He started this thread as "samba 4.1.4 ms office files at
times "access denied"". This thread was silence for 2 weeks and now his
new mail has the subject "upgrading samba 4.1.4 to the latest samba 4
release" and didn't has anything about MS office any more in it's body.
That made me think he hijacked (his own) thread. :-)

Regards,
Marc