[Samba] setting up W7 profiles

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 6 12:56:02 MST 2015

On 06/03/15 19:41, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:

> On my test system I can only get 'getent -V' to respond.
>
> Member server smb.conf file:
>
> root at mbr01:~# cat /etc/samba/smb.conf
> [global]
>   workgroup = TEST
>   security = ADS
>   realm = TEST.BOB
>
>   netbios name = mbr01
>   domain master = no
>   host msdfs = no
>
>   dedicated keytab file = /etc/krb5.keytab
>   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
>   client signing = if_required
>
>   ## map id's outside to domain to tdb files.
>   idmap config *:backend = tdb
>   idmap config *:range = 50001-80000
>   ## map ids from the domain the range may not overlap !
>   idmap config TEST:backend = ad
>   idmap config TEST:schema_mode = rfc2307
>   idmap config TEST:range = 10000-40000
>   winbind nss info = rfc2307
>   winbind trusted domains only = no
>   winbind use default domain = yes
>   winbind enum users = yes
>   winbind enum groups = yes
>   winbind refresh tickets = yes
>   winbind offline logon = yes
>
>   wins server = 192.168.16.41, 192.168.16.42
>
>   template shell = /bin/bash
>   template homedir = /home/samba/TEST/users/%U
>
>   # user Administrator workaround, without it you are unable to set
> privileges
>   username map = /etc/samba/samba_usermapping
>
>   # For ACL support on member file server
>   vfs objects = acl_xattr
>   map acl inherit = yes
>   store dos attributes = yes
>
>   # Share Setting Globally
>   usershare allow guests = no
>   unix extensions = no
>   wide links = no
>   reset on zero vc = yes
>   veto files = /.bash_logout/.bash_profile/.bash_history/.bashrc/
>   hide unreadable = yes
>
>   # disable printing completely
>   load printers = no
>   printing = bsd
>   printcap name = /dev/null
>   disable spoolss = yes
>
> [home]
>   path = /home/samba/TEST/users
>   read only = no
>
> [profiles$]
>   path = /home/samba/TEST/profiles
>   read only = no
>   admin users = +"TESTDomain Admins"
>   profile acls = yes
>   csc policy = disable
>
> [data]
>   path = /home/samba/TEST/companydata
>   read only = no
>
> [software]
>   path = /home/samba/software
>   read only = no
>
> And wbinfo:
>
> root at mbr01:~# wbinfo -u
> administrator
> dns-tdc02
> dns-tdc01
> krbtgt
> guest
>
> root at mbr01:~# wbinfo -g
> allowed rodc password replication group
> enterprise read-only domain controllers
> denied rodc password replication group
> [...]

Two things, you don't seem to have any domain users, 'wbinfo -u' is only
showing the users normally created at first run
in the 'profiles' share, this:

admin users = +"TESTDomain Admins"

Should be:

admin users = +"TEST\Domain Admins"

Create a user on one of the DC's and give this user the uidNumber
'10000', then give 'Domain Users' the gidNumber '10000'

now try 'getent passwd <what-ever-you-called-the-user>' and 'getent
group Domain\ Users'

Rowland