[Samba] samba4 AD password sync with MS AD domain

yabko yabkopl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 21:34:03 MST 2015

Hi

We have local samba4 AD which we use for local PC log ons/shares/emails. We
also use RDS which provides a hosted app and is using its own MS domain. So
the users have two sets of passwords to keep unless they change their local
and remote pass to be the same (user names are the same), which for some
users is inconvenient.

This is where trusts would come in handy but 4.2.0 doesn't support as far as
I know. I'm on 4.1.17.

Is there something I can do in order to keep the passwords between the two
domains the same ? A script that will update external MS domain pass
whenever samba4 AD pass changes ? Another portal which will change both ?
I'd really like to hear what other uses may suggest if they're in similar
situation. We can't do much on the remotely hosted MS domain that server the
app through RDS.

Thanks