[Samba] setting up W7 profiles

Bob of Donelson Trophy bob at donelsontrophy.net
Thu Mar 5 10:22:19 MST 2015

Rowland,

'getent group DomainUsers' indeed returns nothing.

Now, I know, you know this like the "back of your hand" but, am I wrong,
are the permissions for **profiles** somewhat (not alot) different from
permissions for file shares? Because I see that instructions (on the
wiki) for file sharing reads differently.

Thanks, again.

---

-------------------------

Bob Wooden of Donelson Trophy

615.885.2846 (main)
www.donelsontrophy.com [1]

"Everyone deserves an award!!"

On 2015-03-05 07:38, Rowland Penny wrote:

> On 05/03/15 13:25, Bob of Donelson Trophy wrote:
>
>> I am setting up W7 profiles following the "Samba & Windows Profiles" on the Sambawiki. If it matters, I have two functional DC's and one member server. When I run '# chmod 1770 /srv/samba/profiles' (on the member server) the permissions changed to: root at mbr01:~# ls -alh /srv/samba/profiles total 12K drwxrwx--T+ 2 root root 4.0K Mar 1 10:21 . drwxr-xr-t 5 root root 4.0K Mar 1 10:21 .. The first line changed from 'drwxr-xr-t' to 'drwxrwx--T+' and the second did not change. Under "Profile share with using POSIX ACLs" it is indicated that we should change the '# chgrp „Domain Users" /srv/samba/profiles' I am getting "chgrp: invalid group: `Domain Users' " When I run "wbinfo -g" there listed is "domain users". I have tried lower case "# chgrp „domain users" /srv/samba/profiles" with the same result "chgrp: invalid group: `domain users' ". Suggestions?
>
> Hi Bob, 'wbinfo -g' does indeed show 'domain users' but this is not what is used when you try to use chgrp. What does 'getent group Domain Users' show ?
>
> If it doesn't return anything, then we need to find out why not
>
> Rowland

Links:
------
[1] http://www.donelsontrophy.com