[Samba] setting up W7 profiles

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 5 07:00:03 MST 2015

Bob,

what is the result of ;

If the group domain users does not have any GID, than chgrp does not work.
chown / chgrp / chmod . only work if you have a UID /GID.

and if you change the rights from within linux, "After" you did set them from windows..
then you can do it again from windows.

therefore i do also set "acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes" on the profiles shares.
and one set, DONT touch it from within linux..   It wil messup your rights if you do..

Greetz,

Louis