[Samba] *****SPAM***** Re: Domain Member Server (wheezy) - Unable to edit permissions of share without usermapping - shall I add to Wiki?

Shane Robinson srobinson at simpeq.ca
Wed Mar 4 14:14:21 MST 2015

Hi Davor,

If you chmod 0775 then chgrp, you are able to change the permissions from
windows while root remains the owner.

It seems, however that the above may only apply to my silly setup where I
jumped the gun and assigned a UIDnumber to Administrator, and a GIDnumber to
Domain Admins.

I've read through your thread of October, and while I think your
requirements differ from mine, it was enlightening with respect to the
various mapping permutations.

Thanks,

Shane Robinson
Chief Administrative Officer