[Samba] Domain Member Server (wheezy) - Unable to edit permissions of share without usermapping - shall I add to Wiki?

Shane Robinson srobinson at simpeq.ca
Wed Mar 4 14:12:18 MST 2015

Hello Rowland,

Oh dear! I do feel rather silly. :/

Thanks so much for your patience!

I think I'll clarify the wiki (which does mention this, but only mentions
the local administrator).

When I read it, it mentions that there will be mapping for non-domain
accounts in TDB. I (quite wrongly) assumed that my domain administrator was
not included in this, and, therefore, would need a UIDnumber to be able to
do anything. I will review idmap.ldb and try to list on the wiki which
commonly-used accounts/groups do not need  UIDnumbers/gidnumbers.

If I'm off-base (yet again) please let me know.

Thanks!

Shane Robinson
Chief Administrative Officer
SimpeQ Care Inc.