[Samba] Windows 8.1 client not able to see and connect to samba server

Eike Hinderk Jürrens e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Wed Mar 4 10:01:15 MST 2015

On 19.11.2014 14:20, Eike Hinderk Jürrens wrote:
> On 19.11.2014 14:04, Harry Jede wrote:
>> Can you ping FILE-SERVER's ip from this client?
>>
> Yes. The client can ping the samba server.

The problem is solved by adding an DNS server to our infrastructure.

Sorry for the long delay in my response.

Kind regards,
Eike

--
Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52°North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail: e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
Twitter: @FiveTwoN
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849