[Samba] Renaming Default-First-Site

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Mar 3 02:42:36 MST 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-02 at 17:36 +0100, Roman Dilken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i renamed the default-first-site-name with the windows-tools and now I
> see that serveral DNS-entries still point to the default-first-site-name
> instead of the renamed site-name.
> Today I joined a second DS to the renamed site wich worked perfectly,
> the DC's DNS-entries are in the right site.
>
> Actually I don't see any problem but should the entries not be in the
> renamed site and the default-first-site-name should disappear if renamed?
>
> How can I solve the issue?

Recent Samba versions (later 4.1) should have the ability to remove
names they added that are no longer needed, so it should work.

I still wouldn't rename the default site, but instead move computers to
a new site.  That allegedly doesn't work also, but I'm not sure what the
issue is there, or if it is still an issue.

Andrew Bartlett