[Samba] Problems with 2 DCs.

Jean-François Morcillo jfmorcillo at mandriva.com
Mon Mar 2 04:02:47 MST 2015

Le 06/02/2015 17:49, Marc Muehlfeld a écrit :
> Hello Jean-François,
>
> Am 04.02.2015 um 17:51 schrieb Jean-François Morcillo:
>> Troubles come into the place when I try to create a user on the 2nd DC,
>> I get the following error message:
>> samba-tool user create usr1 usr1
>> ERROR(ldb): Failed to add user 'usr1':  -
>> ../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/ridalloc.c:547: No RID Set DN - Remote
>> RID Set creation needed
> This sounds like your DC, didn't got an RID pool assigned from the RID
> master. See
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Flexible_Single-Master_Operations_%28FSMO%29_roles#RID_Master
> for details.
>
> If you just have two DCs in your domain, then the first one has this
> role, if you haven't transfered.
>
> Did you had more DCs in the past and maybe haven't demoted correctly and
> the AD still thinks one of the missing DCs is RID master?
>
> Please check, which DC owns the RID master role:
> # samba-tool fsmo show
>

>> More over, new users created on the first DC are never synced to the
>> second one.
> Does your replication works in both direction? Check with
> # samba-tool drs showrepl
>

> Regards,
> Marc

Hello,

Just for information, if someone face the same issue, the problem was
due to the way we manage the DNS (manually).
As far as I understand, for the purpose of synchronization, samba
contacts the first DC using an alias (which looks like an UUID, this can
be seen in samba.log) and we were lacking this alias in our DNS.

Anyway, thank you for your reply.

--
- no title specified
Jean-François Morcillo