[Samba] Computer can't access Sysvol

John Cobley john.cobley-samba at comtek.co.uk
Tue Jun 30 11:08:07 MDT 2015

Hi All,

I have a computer which I recently took off the domain before shipping
to HP for repair.  I've now had it back and re-added it to the domain
and it no-longer appears to be able to access the sysvol share (even
using a domain admin login).

I've seen this behaviour in one other machine but as it was just a test
machine I ignored the problem.

When I try to access the share I can see this in the log -

> [2015/06/30 17:00:53.055144,  0]
> ../source3/param/loadparm.c:4365(process_usershare_file)
>   process_usershare_file: stat of /var/lib/samba/usershares/sysvo
> failed. No such file or directory

It seems the computer is asking trying to look at a folder that doesn't
exist (the actual folder is "/var/lib/samba/sysvol/".

I suppose using a symlink may help to get around the problem but it
doesn't really fix the underlying issue.

Does anyone have any pointers?  I can provide extra information if
required.

Regards,

John Cobley