[Samba] Samba 4.0.25 - restore default folder permissions

Marc Muehlfeld mmuehlfeld at samba.org
Tue Jun 30 09:53:47 MDT 2015

Hello Karl,

Am 30.06.2015 um 15:54 schrieb Karl Haue:
> I am running samba 4.0.25 on a qnap NAS as a Domain Controller.
>
> NETLOGON share is available, but it is not possible anymore to execute the
> logon.bat.
>
> QNAP support cannot help (only information is to reinstall firmware) - how
> can I set the default permissions to this share?

I don't know qnap NAS, so I don't know, if you have shell access or can
modify smb.conf, etc.

For Samba 4.0 and later, my first guess if a batchfile isn't executable
any more is, that the x-bit is missing. If you don't have x-bits set and
can't set it, you may want to have a look at the "acl allow execute
always" option (see smb.conf manpage).

Regards,
Marc