[Samba] pdf-printer

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Tue Jun 30 06:46:36 MDT 2015

Op 30-06-15 om 13:46 schreef L.P.H. van Belle:
> Hai Koenraad,
>
> Just a suggest, what about and email adres to create your pdf files.
> thats what im doing here.
> like companypaper at domain.tld , which generates from excel doc etc to a pdf file with companypaper.
> or   plain at domain.tld same as above but no company logo.
> or   multipdf at domain.tld merge mutiple pdf files to 1. ( or multiple doc/xls files )
> and this is much faster for us then use cups-pdf.
> im have my emails generated in few seconds and back in my mailbox.
>
> If you need some examples, just ask.
> all above is done on a debian wheezy system, and the temp folders for generating pdf files are ramdisks.
>

> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Hi Louis,

I don't really know. It could be interesting, but I'm affraid it will
not fit my use-case.

We have an older application (text based, on a server, accessed via
telnet). That can print reports, but the report-generator can only use
pcl to format documents (actually, it uses escape-codes, but pcl is the
used version). The printers can be Windows network-printers. Mostly the
reports are indeed sent to printers, but now and then users want those
reports in pdf. So in samba3, years ago, I made a pcl-to-pdf-printer.
This worked fine. Now I migrated to samba4 and I lost my
pcl-to-pdf-printer. The ps-to-pdf-printer is just a tool to try and see
what's wrong with the pcl-to-pdf-printer.

Thanks anyway,

Koenraad