[Samba] Samba 3.6 security fixes

Tue Jun 30 03:52:15 MDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 05:21:55PM +0800, John Blac wrote:
> Thank you for the responses!
>
> Hi Helmut, I actually prefer moving into a newer version that has all the
> great new features, but due to policies inside our firm it will be a long
> process. I find the idea of modifying the new version Samba to start up
> like the old version. Very crafty! :)
>
> Hi Volker, yes we do have a support contract with Red Hat and Oracle. The
> version we are currently using is compiled by us and not from any vendor.
> Thank you suggestion, I'll try to ask the Samba team.

If you already have a support contract with Red Hat, you might be able to
extend it such that they can give you a set of RPMs that meet the needs
that made you compile Samba on your own. But this is just a wild guess,
I do not know how the RH support structure works in such a case.

The Samba Team as such as listed in https://www.samba.org/samba/team/
is unlikely to be able to help. Individuals from the Team are probably
able to offer security support either on an individual basis or via their
employers. The site https://www.samba.org/samba/support/ is the Samba
Team's (unverified!) listing of companies offering Samba support. You
might be able to find someone there as well to get extended security
support for 3.6.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de