[Samba] pdf-printer

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Tue Jun 30 03:10:56 MDT 2015

Op 30-06-15 om 08:58 schreef Rowland Penny:

> Hi, did you read to the bottom of this wiki page :
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Virtual_PDF_Printer#Setup
>
> By my reading, if you add what it tells you, you should find a new log
> file in '/var/log/samba/Pdfprint.log'
>
> Rowland

Hi,

Yes I did read that, but there is no output to that log-file, it's not
created either.

This is my printer section :
[Pdfprinter]
         comment = Samba Virtual PDF Printer
         path = /var/spool/samba
         printable = Yes
         lpq command =
         lprm command =
         print command = /usr/bin/pdfprint.sh -s %f -d /home/%U -o %U -m
600 -l /var/log/samba/Pdfprint.log

Slighty modified (other path, no uppercase), and all on one line. And
pdfprint.sh is located in /usr/bin and executable by all.

I tried the print command manually (as root) and that works.

Koenraad.