[Samba] pdf-printer

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Jun 30 01:31:17 MDT 2015

El 22/06/15 a les 09:44, Koenraad Lelong ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> I recently migrated from samba3 to samba4.
> On the samba3 server I had a "printer" that converted pcl6 to pdf. I
> tried to make a similar printer in samba4, but it's not working.
> Not working means the printed document is nowhere to be found.

I'm not sure you can mix cups printing with locally defined printers.
If it's possible then, sorry, I have no idea what's happening.
If it isn't, maybe you could use the script as a cups filter, something
similar to

http://www.cups-pdf.de/

I have it setup this way on the cups server and it works both with the
current samba 3 setup as well as with my samba 4 test server
(unsurprisingly since it's just another printer wrt samba).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007