[Samba] pdf-printer

Koenraad Lelong samba.k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Tue Jun 30 00:46:07 MDT 2015

Op 29-06-15 om 23:47 schreef Jack Downes:

> Interesting, I don't read that log as not finding the printer, but
> rather not finding the job.  I think you're going to want to find out
> where samba thinks it's writing file and validate that anything actually
> goes in there.  Turn up the samba logging, and if need be the cups
> logging as well.

Please keep the discussion on the list.

AFAIK, the logging is on level 10. This is what I "added" to smb.conf
(see https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Client_specific_Log) :
[global]
# no log file size limitation
max log size = 0
# specific log file name
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%I
# set the debug level
log level = 10
# add the pid to the log
debug pid = yes
# add the uid to the log
debug uid = yes
# add the debug class to the log
debug class = yes
# add microsecond resolution to timestamp
debug hires timestamp = yes

The logging I posted was part of a bigger log-file. If I knew what to
look for in a file of 130MBytes it would be easier. The part I posted
was a chance-find.

But I'll try again, hopefully creating a smaller log-file.

Thanks anyway,

Koenraad