[Samba] Samba 4.2.x and Fedora 22 (possibly 21 as well) doesn't open kerberos or ldap ports for listening

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Mon Jun 29 12:24:26 MDT 2015

I compile my own Samba. I have since 4.x was in alpha. I do this because
of Fedora's decision to not support Samba out of the box with full
functionality (due to MIT vs. Heimdal which I don't understand, but I am
sure there are reasons for it). 4.1.x and 4.0.x compiled and worked fine.

Starting with 4.2.x I have not been able to get a working install. I
have at least the following installed

 yum install autoconf automake gcc gdb krb5-devel krb5-workstation openldap-devel make pam-devel python-devel docbook-style-xsl libacl-devel libattr-devel libxslt

Additionally, I have gnutls and gnutls-devel installed. The build says
it is building active directory enabled (I have started specifying
--with-ads and --with-ldap). On start up it doesn't open the ports to
listen to kerberos and ldap.

I have dug around trying to find things on the list or elsewhere.
Everything I can find is at least a year old and what I find I have
tried to no avail. I do use the DLZ (-dns on services).

Is there some trick to getting this to work? I have removed all samba
related packages that Fedora installs to see if that is the problem. It
doesn't make any visible change.

Thank you,
Trever