[Samba] Moving from compiled to packages

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Jun 29 08:23:31 MDT 2015

Am 29.06.2015 um 15:06 schrieb Jason Waters:
> I have been using Ubuntu 12.04 for awhile and built samba from source.  I
> have two servers, both on 12.04.  Samba bulid 4.1.11.  I would like to
> upgrade the servers to 14.04 and start using the actual pacakges from
> ubuntu.  How do I get from compiled binarys to using the ubuntu pacakge?
> Thanks for any help

by delete all files spewed with "make install" into the system and
install the packages, you should have used a build-prefix to isolate it
from the rest of the OS or just built your own package

maybe "make uninstall" works, in doubt compile and do "make install"
again to have all the files needed for "make uninstall"