[Samba] Samba 3.6 security fixes

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Mon Jun 29 02:53:00 MDT 2015

Hallo, John,

Du meintest am 29.06.15:

> Good day! I have a few questions regarding the status of Samba 3.6, I
> know it's now EOL but I'll ask anyway.

> We currently have a large install base of Samba version 3.6 at the
> moment in our environment and we can't migrate immediately.

Do you really need Samba 3.6? Or do you only need a version without
Kerberos and LDAP (just naming 2 major differences)?

I'm using on several machines Samba 4.1 in the "old fashioned" way:
starting smbd and nmbd like in versions 3.6 and older, with an only
gradually changed "init" script. Works very well.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut