[Samba] Using isc-dhcp for DDNS with Samba4 internal DNS

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed Jun 24 14:12:40 MDT 2015

El 24/06/15 a les 17:02, James ha escrit:
> On 6/24/2015 10:13 AM, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> On 24/06/15 14:17, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>> El 24/06/15 a les 14:30, James ha escrit:

>>> Yes, it is possible, look here:
>>>

>>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Samba_4_Active_Directory_domain_controller#DHCP
>>>

>>> Bye
>>
>> Well, that's one way of doing it, it's not the way I do it, nearly,
>> but with a lot of differences, I don't use samba-tool for instance.
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> I appreciate all the responses. I do not want to lose the ability for
> clients to update DNS. It appears I will if I follow the link posted.

No, there's no problem, since the script waits 5 seconds in order to
give the client time to update its record. And if the client doesn't do
it, the the script will do it.
In fact you can ignore the section about the GPO.
I had to modify something in the dhcp configuration though, I cannot
tell what now since the server is in a VLAN that's not accessible
outside the office, and I'm not there right now.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007