[Samba] Samba4 Secondary DC as Backup DC (redundancy)

Daniel Carrasco Marín danielmadrid19 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:41:53 MDT 2015

> >:

>> working
>> them

>> the

>> nameservers, if static, then each client needs to be set to use both DCs as
>> nameservers.
>> >

>> > His quetion is a bit vague, but I would also assume he is using LDAP
>> for authentication on Owncloud, etc.  In that case, he also needs LDAP to
>> fail over.  Generally, you can just point LDAP clients at "
>> your.ADdomain.com" (whatever it is), which resolves to the IP addresses
>> of all of your DCs. If they fail to connect, they will usually retry and
>> get another address, and connect to a different DC.
>> > --
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Yes, i forgot to say that the clients are windows 7 clients. On my
>> owncloud server i can put both LDAP servers then i think that if main fails
>> it will check the secondary (i've not tried yet).
>>
>> Greetings!!
>>
> Thanks Rowland,
>
> Finally is working. Now when i run a "nslookup domain.com" or "host
> domain.com" i get both IP addresses, and if i stop the main DC all still
> working without problem. Even the command "nltest /dsgetdc:domain" shows
> how the Windows machine is using the secondary DC.
> One quesiton: ¿Can i add more DC as backup using the same steps?.
>
> Of course all cannot be perfect, and now I've a python script with a weird
> problem: When i use secure ldap i can't query to root using base DN
> ("DC=domain,DC=com"). I only can if I use an OU in base DN
> ("OU=Users,DC=domain,DC=com"). All works if I use normal ldap.
> Someone knows a way to query to root using an OU in base DN?
>
> Greetings!!

Hi again...

Finally i think that i'll to rollback the trick, because i don't know why
but now all user GPO's are ignored and when I try to get the result with
gporesult i get an error similar to "the user don't have RSOP data". Even
the computer don't back to main DC when it's online.

Anyway, thanks for all.