[Samba] Using isc-dhcp for DDNS with Samba4 internal DNS

Rowland Penny rowlandpenny at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 24 07:16:22 MDT 2015

On 24/06/15 13:30, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      Is it possible to use isc-dhcp for DDNS with Samba internal DNS? I
> would rather not use bind as I understand you can't use Windows DNS tool
> to manage. Thanks.

Unless a lot as changed (and I don't think it has) I couldn't get dhcp
to update the internal dns server, but it will update Bind9. This is
what I have been using since samba4 was released, with only minor
problems, usually of my own making. I can also manage DNS with the
windows tools, not that it needs much managing :-)